Online Entry for DevonGolf School Championships (Bigbury)
Tuesday 2nd April 2019
Affiliated to: English Schools Golf Association
1. Open to any Devon student who was under 19 at midnight on 31st August 2019 & is still in full time education at any school/college in Devon.
2. The school/college must affiliate to the Association. The fee for 2019 is £20 per school/college payable at the time of online entry and sent to Devon Golf office.
3. The competition entry fee is £18 per player to include a meal. There is no additional entry fee for the Finals (see ‘Progression’ below) however schools competing in the Finals must fund their own expenses.
4. Students MUST have a competition CONGU handicap to enter (maximum 28 for boys & 36 for girls) & should produce their handicap certificate, with CDH number on the day.
5. Schools/colleges may enter as many children as they wish but there is a maximum of three teams & entries will be taken on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Teams should consist of three players & can be made up of boys, girls or a combination of both. Children entered but not nominated in a team will compete for the individual prizes.
6. Caddies are not permitted.
7. Safeguarding of Children - Schools/colleges must ensure that a member of staff/responsible adult remains at Bigbury Golf Club for the duration of the competition. They MUST provide the organisers with their mobile number when signing-in their team & a completed Parental Consent Form for each of their competitors.
8. Players must register in the Clubhouse at least 30 minutes before their start time; first tee time approximately 9am.
9. Refreshments & hot food will be available at the club from 8am & throughout the day. All competitors will have a choice of meal after their round, available from 1pm onwards.
10. The telephone number for the club is 01548 810557.
Prizes include the Devon Golf Partnership Stableford Trophy for the winning team, Devon Golf Partnership Stableford Shield for the best individual Stableford score, Best Stableford score for a Primary School Player, Exeter University Best Boy & Best Girl Gross Cups & U16 Boy & Girl Gross Cups.